You only have so many hours in a day, and you want to maximise them. But for many people, this may be hard to do due to the constant going back and forth (again and again), especially when it comes to making a decision.
We have put together a list of pointers to help you conquer indecisiveness and raise your Mental PowerBar:
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes. If you are having trouble making a decision because you’re scared of being wrong, you need to learn to let go of that fear. Mistakes can teach you a lot – If you make a poor decision, remember that a bad result is an opportunity to learn from it and make better decisions in the future.
- Start planning in advance. Getting rid of the need for constant decision-making is another useful method that may be achieved by preparing ahead of time. To prevent wasting mental energy on little daily decisions, organise everything beforehand e.g., your outfits or schedule meals.
- Boost your confidence. We do not always make the most informed choices. Even if it is not the ideal decision, the important thing is to get back on the saddle and try again. If things do not work out, do not beat yourself up with negative self-talk. Start focusing on the fact that you tried something different and reached a choice at that moment.
- Set a deadline for yourself. To stop decisions from taking an excessive amount of time and draining your mental energy, set a closing date by circling a date on the calendar by which you will be forced to make a decision. For instance, you might decide to start a family once you have a specific amount of money set aside.
- Make quick judgments on minor things. Do not begin with the most crucial choices first. Instead, get in the habit of making smaller decisions. Begin with small actions, such as deciding what to eat for breakfast or what to wear. Set a time restriction for yourself to decide, such as thirty or forty seconds. Gradually work your way up to more serious topics once you have gained confidence in making many minor decisions fast. Through regular practise, you will teach your brain to function faster.
Download the free My PowerBar App today via Apple Store or Google Play. Check in with your energy levels on daily. Gain additional tips and tricks from the My PowerBar boosters and the My PowerBar Instagram account for each energy and watch your Mental PowerBar surge!