Summertime blues? This recipe will energise you, make you more resilient and provide you with the energy needed to supercharge your day!
Leafy green lettuce- Provides hydration, water makes up 95% of lettuce’s nutritional content. Extracts of different lettuce types have been found to improve sleep. Contains Vitamin K, which promotes good bone health. (Physical PowerBar)
Red onion- Helps control blood sugar. Onions contain folate, which can help to keep depression at bay and improve your mood. (Spirit PowerBar)
Beetroot- Nitrate content in beets help improve blood flow to the frontal lobe of the brain, supporting high-level thinking, decision making and working memory. (Mental PowerBar)
Avocado- Avocados contain compounds which could decrease feelings of anxiety. (Emotional PowerBar)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 150 grams feta cheese
- 20 pieces olives optional
- 100 grams beetroot optional
- 1/2 avocado optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar or to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1. Finely dice 1/4 of a red onion. Chop the cucumber into small chunks.
- 2. Cut in half some olives and chop beetroot into small chunks. Then, take half an avocado, remove the skin and chop into chunks (optional).
- 3. Wash your lettuce and place in a bowl.
- 4. Add in your chopped ingredients.
- 5. Sprinkle some feta cheese over the top and your salad is ready!
Take our quiz to find out more about your 4 energies.
Check out more tips and techniques on our Instagram page.
Download the free My PowerBar app for joy booster tips here.