This recipe is fantastic for our Emotional PowerBars. The butternut squash is loaded with vitamin A which minimises anxiety and the fennel supports us to find our tolerance, understanding and compassions.
On the Physical level, t the butternut squash and lentils will both your bones will both support your bone health, as well as your immunity and blood pressure. How great is that!?
Prep time: 7 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 onion
- Teaspoon of coconut oil or oil of choice
- Butternut squash
- 1-2 teaspoons of veg stock
- 250 grams of lentils
- Heat a knob of coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Dice the onion & sauté them in the oil.
- Cut the squash into chunks, add to the pan.
- Add lentils to the pan and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water, ensuring everything is covered (may need to add more). Bring it to the boil and then simmer for 35 mins. Add 2 teaspoons of veg stock into the pot when it reaches the boil.
- Sprinkle of oil/knob of coconut oil in a separate pan (do this at same time as step 5).
- Chop the fennel into 2cm pieces, sauté this on its own for 10 mins.
- Add the fennel to large pan.
- Enjoy your delicious soup!
Some may prefer to peel squash but this is optional > there are lots of natural goodies in the squash skin.
Water cress can be used instead of fennel, and makes the cooking process less effort.
Take our quiz to find out more about your 4 energies.
Check out more tips and techniques on our Instagram page.
Download the free My PowerBar app for joy booster tips here.