Get your bake on and indulge yourself in this sugar-free, gluten free and dairy free cake. Best of all, this flourless cake is incredibly easy to make and can be baked in just under an hour- leaving you with extra time to prep for other dishes.
We love a healthy alternative to make a guilt-free treat! This recipe is sure to energise each of your PowerBars, as it’s packed full of ingredients that will boost your energies.
- Coconut oil is known for promoting enhanced brain health, by improving memory, clarity of mind and may even prevent and slow down the effects of ageing like cognitive decline.
- Adding a healthy dose of dark chocolate to your diet may reduce stress and anxiety symptoms and create calmness, as the flavonoids in cocoa help provide these beneficial effects.
- Pistachios may help you manage cardiovascular health and cholesterol levels, as they are relatively low in fat, high in fibre and contain lots of antioxidants.
- Roses are renowned for their fragrant, fresh smell which may boost mood and happiness levels, and they can lift depression symptoms- don’t forget to add a few rose petals to decorate this wonderful chocolate cake.
Sugar-Free Flourless Rose and Pistachio Fudge Cake
- 150 grams coconut oil
- 150 grams raisins/dates
- 1 whole banana
- 150 grams almonds ground
- 100 grams dark chocolate bar, 85%
- 100 ml milk plant/dairy
- 60 grams pistachios shelled
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp rosewater optional
- 1 handful rose petals to decorate
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Melt choc in bain marie.
- Add coconut oil and melt.
- Put raisins, milk, banana, rose water in food blender and blend to a paste. Put in a bowl.
- Add ground almonds, bicarb of soda, mix, add melted chocolate and coconut oil and mix.
- Whisk the egg and mix it in.
- Reserve a handful of the pistachios and add the rest, mix in.
- Pour into a tin lined with greaseproof paper. I used a round 8 inch tin.
- Scatter the reserved pistachios on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, a knife should come out clean.
- Let it rest for 5 mins then lift up carefully with the paper and put on a cooling rack. Make sure not to disturb it as it will crack easily, it solidifies as it cools down.