The beginning of the year is the most popular point in the calendar for fresh approaches and new perspectives. Is this the year you will magically achieve everything you didn’t quite manage last year?
It can be really helpful to set goals, but making sure they are realistic is so important. If we create impossible targets that are difficult to achieve, it just depletes our Personal Energy; we feel a sense of non-achievement (Mental Energy depletion) and become judgemental of ourselves (Emotional Energy depletion). This can leave us reaching for unhelpful ways to make ourselves feel temporarily better, such as eating cake or drinking wine, and it all goes downhill from there!
Don’t worry – there are plenty of impactful changes you can make to boost your different energies.
- Have a clear out – try doing one room a month.
- Make weekly and daily plans, which you can review as you go.
- Make a decision that you have been putting off thinking about.
- Tell someone in your life what you appreciate about them.
- Take a moment in your day to connect with what you are grateful for in your life – try writing down your thoughts.
- Think about what is stopping you forgiving someone for something, and try exploring that forgiveness.
- Do something every day (or every day you can) that you feel enthusiasm for.
- Find the time to connect with people that make you feel great.
- Tap into and explore your authenticity.
- Take yourself for a walk outside at lunch time.
- Keep a food diary for a week and decide what changes you want to make.
- Drink more water (this can have a huge impact on your energy levels).
Which of these do you think would most impact your life?
Decide on one or two energies to concentrate on and identify achievable changes that you feel you can commit to.
If you would like to make changes in all four energies, start off by picking two to work on for the next month and incorporate more as you go.
Support yourself to succeed by going for bite size changes that you can build on regularly.
Our online yoga is a great way to invest in all 4 of your PowerBars this year. Book here.
Find out which of the four energies is your strongest and which has the most potential with the SuperPower Energy Quiz.
Download the free My PowerBar app for booster tips here.